Criteria for Eligibility of Funds
- Must be a private voluntary non-profit with 501(c)(3) status or units of government
- Have an accounting system that is audited annually
- Practice non-discrimination
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- Must have a voluntary board, if they are a private organization
- Must have a Federal DUNS number
Requirements for Agencies Receiving Grants
- Provide a written summary of the project or program at the end of 12 months from the time funds were disbursed. Failure to provide a written summary will preclude the possibility of additional funding in the future.
Each proposal must be in writing and should include the following:
- Completed application form
- Timeline of project/program
- Budget of how funds will be utilized
Submit with proposal with the following attachments:
- Most recent fiscal year-end audited financial statement, and interim financial statement
- IRS determination letter documenting the agency’s non-profit 501(c)(3) status
- Most recent Form 990 (must cover the same fiscal period as the submitted audit)
Submission Details for (ESFP Phase 36)
To request a grant application please call: Moricina Fain at 423-220-1229
The deadline to submit grant application is 4:30 p.m. on July 11, 2019.
Mail or deliver the original application to:
United Way of Washington County, TN 1907 N. Roan Street, Suite 409 Johnson City, TN 37601
Your donation will make a difference in our community.